It is essential for all the systems of a house and office to be debris-free and clean. So, it is important for the air ducts to be clean as well. Without the clean air ducts, your air conditioning system or furnace would need to work a lot more harder for keeping the home and office comfortable. However, this may cost you a lot of money. You will need to pay a lot on your electricity bills.
In fact, a clean ductwork is the main component to safety and efficiency of the home/commercial system. It is essential for the health as well as safety of the workers, pets living in the house and the family members.
There are many cleaning professionals who are in this business of can clean your your HVAC system at your home and office. They use a lot of equipments for quality HVAC and facility maintenance. Some of the products that they use include boiler tube cleaning brushes, chiller tube cleaners, pipe/hose cleaners, air duct cleaners and many other related equipments.
Read below to know about what HVAC cleaning professionals have to say about the importance of having clean air in home. This topic has been covered because many people frequently ask why should they clean their air ducts.
- Children are very much affected by polluted air inside the home. They actually breathe faster than adults, inhale a lot more air and are closer to ground where the concentrations of dust particles are higher.
- 1 out of every 6 people who actually suffer from diseases like allergy does do because of direct relationship to bacteria and fungi in the air duct systems.
- Ninety percent of cooling and heating system failures are caused by dirt and dust.
- The asthmatics, elderly and people suffering from respiratory problems like lung disease and allergies are very much sensitive to the pollutants.
- 1 millimeter dirt on cooling or heating coil may decrease its efficiency up to twenty-two percent.
- Most of the fiberglass furnace filters are seven perfect effective in stopping dust, dirt, pollen etc.
- Most of the people spend sixty to ninety percent of their time indoors. Fifty percent of illnesses are caused wither by or simply aggravated by the polluted indoor air.
- A 6-room house in Texas collects about forty pounds dust every year.
- Air pollution contributes to lung disease, which claims close to thousands of lives in America each and every year. It is America’s third leading cause of death.
The environmentalists rank poor IAQ (indoor air quality) among top 5 environmental risks to the public health.
Health benefits from cleaning the HVAC system
HVAC systems have become a collection location for different kinds of contaminants, like bacteria, mold fungi and very small dust particles which have the potential to affect the health. Removal of these kinds of contaminants from HVAC system in the home must be considered as a component in an overall plan for improving the IAQ.